Subject: re: Alpha
From: Tim=[email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 94 12:05:20 PDT

I went to a (gasp) 3D Studio seminar last friday, during which one of the 
speakers made a comment that his company was now buying Dell Pentiums because 
they were Alpha upgradeable.  For those of us on the verge of buying some sort
of IBM system in anticipation of the Windows version of LW: exactly what does 
it take to upgrade a Pentium to an Alpha PC?

By the way, Autodesk demonstrated 3D Studio 4.0's Inverse Kinematics.  It was 
VERY fast (running on just a 66mhz 486!) and looked quite nice.  I can't wait 
to see LW's implimentation of this, which I'm sure will be friendlier.  Also 
demonstrated was Autodesk's Animator Studio.  It looked GREAT!  For PC 
Lightwaver's, this will be a must have.  It is a 24-bit animation, paint, and 
sound program that reminded me of a cross between photoshop and DPaint... Due 
for release in December.

By the way, I asked this once and will ask again: does anyone know of a 
general 3D or Graphics list?  Thanks!

Tim Doherty
[email-masked]